dementia praecox

亞瑟王: 完美的爱情让人意志薄弱, 不完美的爱情伤极人心 - 終極一班

5.3.07

 

Conclusion of the Lunar New Year

A recap from the whole Lunar New Year. Rushed as usual this year, though instead of having dinner at one of the Woons, we ended up at this fancy Chinese restaurant. Guessed the families are getting busier than usual. Anyway, the food portion was B.I.G! Something related to having a friend who open restaurants I guess.

Stayed up all night, doing work and surfing. My thinkpad might just be having some problems man. Anyway, as I was saying, staying awake; hope its really like traditions say. 添福添寿 for your parents. (And no, my parents did not order me MacDonald's...) Morning comes and off to visits! First stop will be Uncle Roy's house. ( Like every year.) The three brothers' families did what we did every year. Family photo! Yes, its that time of the year again. Then, the usual (again *roll eyes*) till we got into Malaysia.

The trip is more of a rush than anything this year! We drop of at Malacca for the night, 捞鱼生 and steamboat style, played with new nieces and nephews, slept at 3am, woke up at 11am to the sound of TV and kids laughing. How cute. Then its a long drive up to Selengor, praying, 捞生 again (without fish this time) then gathering our stuff, with aunts on tow, headed for K.L.

Yes, we 捞鱼生 again, then, majong sessions starts, the adults seems to be aching to play, and Aunt Maggie set such a high bet, I was like oh my gawd! 3 dollars for a 碰 and 4 for a 杠!?! And the 番? 花? I don't even want to count. The kids, mainly Neng, Sheng, Kuan and I, went off to play pool. Ended up early course parents were locked out. ( Keys with us) I stayed up to watch Initial D after. Slept at 6am and awakens to the delicious smell of stir-fry. (Getting sick of heavy stuff) Had noodles for lunch (look at the time.) and its off to Singapore.

Got back in time for dinner at Uncle Jeff's. Casual chats about Bing Ling's delivery's date, the senior Woons upcoming trip back to hometown Hainan Island and how there was a 13 cars + 1 line crash on the highway's shoulder from Malaysia back. (12 cars, 1 tow truck, and 1 dead engine. Turns out, they send 1 tow truck and 2 after, since the tow truck got crashed into at the road shoulder while traveling to the car it was supposed to rescue. TT2 ended up towing TT1 leaving TT3 to the rest of 13 cars. Such sad case.)

Then, a week of work. 拜年 @ work, and of course, how could I forget the 捞鱼生? Yes, again. The food was alright I guess. Rooms of improvement? And yes, the service for our table was reasonable. Week ends and the date is here for parents to go China. Couldn't send them off on that day since, I don't drive, and their flight time at godly early hours. It was a Sunday man, who wakes so early!?! Anyway, did send Jess though, her flight is at around 9am so we gathered at 7am. By the time I went home, was rather burned out. But promises were promises, up to pangya for chats and a (few) long rounds of 18 hole golf.

And we arrive at this week, night shifts are a torture when you have to wake your brother up for school, do housework, cook lunch, etc. Yes, I didn't sleep well and the computer, being turned on for so long decided to go on a strike. Stupid I know, but the slow network and sleep-deprivation took a tow and frustration serve as the key to the torture I put myself through last weekend. You know the task bar at the bottom of the screen, when tasks starts popping up rapidly the second time of the day, i tried unplugging the network cable. I was being stupid and the thinkpad hanged. So I tried to shut down, to no avail. So, I pressed the power up/down button. And I can't detect the network after I reboot. I tried everything! (ok, until I called Darren and he enlightened me to call the help desk, not everything >_<) I called the help desk till 1+ 2am early Saturday. Poor Chris had to cover me. Then Saturday comes and I could finally get through, guess what happens? The friendly tech guided me through a series of stuff I did yesterday and concluded that my network adapters got corrupted. (Why didn't I think of that?) So after downloading and reinstalling it (following the user manual) I realise three things.
1. My sound is missing.
2. I can access internet.
3. My business network is still down. (seems unable to catch the correct IP address)
I got frustrated when I tried calling the help desk again and my hand phone gives me the number not in use sign. I got Chris to help me call and he told me the line is engaged. Same thing happens on Sunday. My parents, back by then was worried that I will actually destroy the computer. In fact, the end of Sunday, both my brother and I went crazy ( his "My Received Files' seems to contain a corrupted file, which one I didn't know and if kept hanging the computer. Oh and that's where all the music files were situated...)
I got tired of this, so I was thinking of coming early to work, hoping the IP address grabbed from company network might somehow helps. And guess what? I'm stuck outside the office in the toilet typing all this. Turns out, the door only opens at 8am. I reached at 6am. Shit. ( Why the hell do they have a main door and makes the rest of the doors locked at 7pm when the main door does not even open at any time!?!)
-- Pre-typed in the toilet at 6:14am, 05 Mar, Monday. --

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

CASE FILE 0916358

NAME: JONAS WOON
D.O.B: 850909
GENDER: FEMALE
LOCATION: SINGAPORE

CLASSIFIED UNDER...

ETERNAL STUDENT | EX-SMOKER | SOCIAL DRINKER | KTVAHOLIC | RELATIONSHIP 白痴 | AVID READER | SOFT-CORE GAMER | LOUSY ARTIST | OVERCOOKED MACHINE | SUFFERS FROM INSANITY | OUT OF ORBIT | BEAUTI-TRAINEE

SPEAK YOUR MIND...


Links

CARRIE. CINDY. EUGENE. FIZH. GERALDIZ. JIAN FU. JOLEEN. PEI YING. ROWENA. SEEKEE. SERENE. YVON.

EDWIN. ANGIE. HUI LING. JERMAINE. JOANNE. KEVIN. LYNETTE. PENG SIANG. RUTHIE.

715. 同人阁. 独特な愛. A*CHORD. AGACIA. ARMY STUFF. ASIAN MUSIC LOVER. BROWN. CRYSTAL. FAUZI. JILL. IHONEYJOO. JING. LMTEDT. MUJI. OMONATHEYDIDNT. SCHM0USE. SING IT LOUD. SOGAY. SVEN. SGHC. YUTAKI.


Archives

2003.03   2003.04   2003.05   2003.07   2003.09   2003.10   2003.11   2003.12   2004.01   2004.07   2004.08   2004.09   2005.07   2005.08   2005.09   2005.10   2006.01   2006.02   2006.03   2006.04   2006.06   2006.07   2006.08   2006.09   2006.10   2006.11   2007.01   2007.02   2007.03   2007.04   2007.07   2007.09   2007.10   2007.12   2008.01   2008.02   2008.03   2008.04   2008.05   2008.06   2008.10   2008.12   2009.01   2009.03   2009.05   2009.06   2009.07   2009.08   2009.09   2009.11   2009.12   2010.01   2010.02   2010.04   2010.05   2010.06   2010.07   2010.08   2010.09   2010.10   2010.11   2010.12   2011.01   2011.09   2011.11   2012.01   2012.02  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

web counter