Ended up too sick to be at work so am on MC today! Thus, I should sit down properly and write about this EPIC CONCERT OF THE YEAR!!! *stop spazzing to return to weak state* Ahem, okay.
*scratches*
I didn't know what came over me and not only did I spent over $60 on medication, the antibiotics (which is stronger than the usual one I use) is causing me rashes. This just sucks. Oh, and because of the concert *fan girl "AH!"*... Ya, because of the concert on 23 Oct, I lost my voice too.
Anyway, I began 23 Oct with a backlog check at office, after which met Phing at Square 2 for Popeyes branch. Really Med, who eat Popeyes for breakfast? I was feeling a little feverish by then.
Then the rest of the girls 陆续 arrived and we proceed to
National Museum of Singapore for the
Pompeii exhibition.
My first impression of anything Pompeii related was a humorous comic by
Mizuho Ksanagi titled "NG Life" which I would recommend everyone to go see because it is so damn humorous.
That aside, my knowledge in this area equals 0. This made me rather openly receptive to any and every information I can get out of the exhibition. I was a little ruffled by the speed we were going but then again, all of us has prior engagement so I couldn't complain too much.
Some highlights of the exhibition includes the 3D timeline sequence of the eruption (which, due to certain technical difficulties, was not 3D on the day of our visit -_-), the home furnishings of a typical (rich) household and lots of videos regarding the actual excavation, preservation, indexing of the acquired artifacts.

I was really fascinated by the food produces that got preserved by the volcanic ashes and the general design of the kitchen wares. (You can't blame me really, *shrugs*) Their choice of religion is also an interesting study and I had fun looking at all that statues. However, I did feel a very strong emotional vibe from that place; something that I didn't tell the girls. All that feeling of desperation and distress is making me feel a bit down. Especially when looking at those plaster casts. Even in this air conditioned area I feel hot. Luckily for me, we didn't linger.

Also at the end of the exhibition, there are many resources should you want to read in depth of the topic (mind, some in their original language aka foreign). I was totally engrossed in the types of volcanic ashes that was dug(?) up when suddenly (maybe not so suddenly,) the children hands-on section caught my eye. For family bringing kids there's the usual kids interaction corner where they can do coloring and make this awesomely cute gladiator's hat. Phing had to go ask for the paper cut out of the gladiator's hat(!!!) for me because I was too embarrassed to do so but I really wanted it. We had to quickly hide it because only children are supposed to have it but the staff was kind enough to spare us one...Thank you! I hope you all can tell how ecstatic I was!!! *huge grins*

*deep breath* Ya, that concludes the museum visit for the Pompeii exhibition.
By the time I walked to Plaza Singapura to get some much needed H2O, I was looking sickly pale and started sniffling from all that change of temperature.
I got 3 big bottles (it was on sale) of ice mountain and proceed to Singapore Expo for THE EPIC CONCERT OF THE YEAR!!! (=x)
I found a seat at Subway and all around me people were resting their feet from either a long day of squishing with other people (Electronics Fair and Robinson Sale??) or meeting up fellow fans (OMG those different club T-shirts.) Some hogged the table (like me O.o) making last minute touch-ups to their gifts for their idols while others sit together and just.... learn fan chants.
I waited *sniffles* and waited *sneezes* and waited *coughs* for one of the guys to freaking show. (A_A)# But apparently everyone was late (was I too early?) and I could only continue seating at the same place; contaminating the scene with the flu virus.
Later (much later...) the guys finally got to the scene. Gene was sick too. We dined on wraps and hurriedly proceed to the queue, (which I kind of regretted not doing earlier because of my condition but heard it was crazy ass long after) to get into the hall.
Met Zeke and his friends near the line-up spot and we had fun chatting about the different groups we like before the security spoil my mood by making me throw away my ice mountain (I really needed the water as I was sick) which I did (with force and grudgingly.)
Belatedly I understand that it could've been caused a nuisance if people throw their bottles (at the stage of something and hurt the guests.) so I have to apologize. Couldn't help giving the pissed look at that time though.
Anyway, when we enter the premises, surprise surprise!
1) The seating really sucks. I mean how much did we pay again? 200+ for "somewhat front seats" and this is what the seating looks like. Cat 2 first row hello!?!

Not even going to bother commenting on the chairs that were tied together. Nope...
2) The commercial (which was repeated umpteen times *to the tribute of Shinee's "Replay, Replay, Replay" ?*)

3) Our own bad choice of seating. Sigh. I knew I was going to regret sitting behind an entire fan club... T-T
4) The ultimate failure of a sound system. Like total fail. I can't even begin to describe how fail the fail is... Don't remind me.
We entertain each other by taking pictures of our 'chopped' hand.

... and waited.
The emcees open the show and Mr Yeo B G instantly became our favorite Minister of Foreign Affairs (for being able to bring the acts in *HURRAY*). I didn't catch much of what they say (because of the fail sound system) but over all, they ended quickly enough to not get boo-ed off stage by impatient fans.
*You might want to skip the MAJOR SPAZZ and jump ahead somewhere(or something...)*
OMG FT Island!!! I know I went crazy when "I Hope"'s interlude started. They totally rocked (even with the bad sound system)!!! Sing along session ensues and really we can't ask for a better opening act.
Next up, D.NA or Da Boss. AH KARAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *eyes gleamed over* Even though he moves to the far right of me, my high pixel eyes still zoom in on him like a homing device muahahaha (OMG I sound like a mad fan girl.) I was too high from FT Island for the ballad (though I really like how it sound) and kinda recognize "Stumble Stumble" but failed at "Amazing Boy". Gotta show the boys more love in the future.
*Updated on 27 Oct with song 3's title "Amazing Boy" thanks to (x)clusive. See their event coverage
here!*
Ze:A next with the super catchy Mazeltov aka Full Week Song that goes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - Saturday - Sunday... and another 2 songs.
*Updated on 27 Oct: Songs 2 and 3 are "Leap for Detonation" and "Level Up"*
I was actually half-way gone and into my second pack of tissue when Infinite came up. Caught their debut song "Come Back Again" but was lost to "Wings" and "She's Back".
And suddenly, the crowd in front of me (Shawols) all stand up and climb onto their chairs! A lot of shouts could be heard from the back like "OIE!! =@" or "Sit down!" but the screams were obviously not working and I can't see if Jonghyun was with us or not and OMG everyone is making some kinda noise and I am dizzy and my neighbor (whom I promise to sing along with if SHINEE came up) pull me up and we all got onto our chairs and I heard Gene beside me muttering about it (the song) hopefully not being "Noona is so Pretty" since it's such an old song and SHINEE came up and sing "Noona is so Pretty"...
I was high (on medication and SHINEE) and even started moving to the dance moves of "Replay" and "Ring Ding Dong" even though I am standing on a chair and shaking from all the cold and dizziness and adrenaline. I finally confirmed that there will be no JongKey action for the night and "Lucifer" came on and my neighbor and I screamed at the top of our lungs like fan girls and chanted and sang along with the boys.
IT WAS CRAZY. The note Taemin 'inherited' from Jonghyun. Tae-kido was AMAZING.
Then "Hello" came on and everyone were still standing and I couldn't even hear the boys anymore and my ears were ringing.
Just when I got down from the chair and was going to sit, I saw the pink wave. Which promptly put my feet back on the seat of my chair as S.N.S.D came up.
My whole team of fan boys (left count 3, right count 2, back count 2) and I; we belt out the hits together with the fan chants (+ random episodes of 'insert favorite SNSD member's name here') like there's no tomorrow! We had the best karaoke time of our lives singing along to "Genie" [MAR.HAE.BWA! GENIE YAH!], "Oh!" [JI.GEU.MEUN SO.NYEO.SHI.DAE A.PU.RO.DO SO.NYEO.SHI.DAE YO.WON.HEE SO.NYEO.SHI.DAE SO.NYEO.SHI.DAE SA.RANG.HAE OH!] and "Run Devil Run" [SO.NYEO.SHI.DAE RUN DEVIL RUN!]
Went high when the girls said they will be back for concert here in Singapore and even higher when fans as one chanted 'Gee' until the girls came on with "Gee!" [GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY BABY~] with all the fan chants and the entire place rocked!
How could the show not end in a Big Bang with Big Bang!?! (Pun intended) Everyone remained standing and Singapore fans really showed that no matter the group we will show love to all K-pop groups by singing along with Big Bang as well... The ending of the concert had surely turned into a Big Bang mini concert with them singing the most songs (7 in total: "Gara Gara Go!", "Number 1", "Haru Haru", "Lies", "Last Farewell", "How Gee" and "Hands Up") per group. <3 acoustic="" and="" ands="" aru="" br="" hands="" haru="" literally="" much="" so="" throw="" up="" version="">*Updated on 27 Oct with all song names*
Finally everyone got on stage for the finale and sing MJ's "Heal the World" and all I can say was, this is it. This is the event every Singapore K-pop fan was waiting for. So many idols in Singapore, on stage, for this one concert. It was awesome and I was awe struck and this event will remain in my "List of EPIC moments" for the rest of my life.
Now, let me finish spazzing and prepare myself for the next EPIC moment of my life (SS3!!!) by working out and staying fit... OMG OMG yah... and out.3>
Labels: Fangirling, Happenings, Sing Along, Theatrics