dementia praecox

亞瑟王: 完美的爱情让人意志薄弱, 不完美的爱情伤极人心 - 終極一班

4.7.07

 

Kaspersky beats Norton (I think)

What I am saying is, Kaspersky is making me a lot less frustrated than Norton. I had been a Norton user for around 4 to 5 years? Occasionally, freeware like AVG pops up for times when I havent had the time to renew my license.

The thing is, Norton takes up a lot of RAM. And unless you are really a pro-user, it is hard to keep that Norton from cluttering up that space. Especially since from Norton Antivirus going up to Internet Security. My troubles doubled and patience seems to dwindle. After suffering from another bout of attack that Norton refuses to detect.

(Okay, pauses. Spam seems to still get into my mailbox, though I configured it to block. I still get pop ups from the wrong websites while the ones that I click never appear. It switched off my quicktime online viewing and causes hangs [lags] and it takes 15 minutes to open my mmorpg because every single time I try to open the game [which was not often since everytime I try to open it the game has a new patch] it wanted me to re-approve that damn game to access the internet! And this ends my rant.)

Even though I had taken on the arduous task of running updates every other day and then running a virus scan every weekend with the updated licenses, there still seems to be fishes escaping the net. (Or to put it in a more sarcastic way, viruses escaping my Norton.) I finally give up and decided to ask around for alternatives.

Vola! Kaspersky So far, even though it is rather annoying in its training mode (with anti hack and anti spam you can choose to do without and it will not get so annoying) it is really good at catching the irritating little fishies and my computer is for once, not lagging and infected.

I will continue to use this and updates about it. Lets give it a 50 day trial before I make the final verdict.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

CASE FILE 0916358

NAME: JONAS WOON
D.O.B: 850909
GENDER: FEMALE
LOCATION: SINGAPORE

CLASSIFIED UNDER...

ETERNAL STUDENT | EX-SMOKER | SOCIAL DRINKER | KTVAHOLIC | RELATIONSHIP 白痴 | AVID READER | SOFT-CORE GAMER | LOUSY ARTIST | OVERCOOKED MACHINE | SUFFERS FROM INSANITY | OUT OF ORBIT | BEAUTI-TRAINEE

SPEAK YOUR MIND...


Links

CARRIE. CINDY. EUGENE. FIZH. GERALDIZ. JIAN FU. JOLEEN. PEI YING. ROWENA. SEEKEE. SERENE. YVON.

EDWIN. ANGIE. HUI LING. JERMAINE. JOANNE. KEVIN. LYNETTE. PENG SIANG. RUTHIE.

715. 同人阁. 独特な愛. A*CHORD. AGACIA. ARMY STUFF. ASIAN MUSIC LOVER. BROWN. CRYSTAL. FAUZI. JILL. IHONEYJOO. JING. LMTEDT. MUJI. OMONATHEYDIDNT. SCHM0USE. SING IT LOUD. SOGAY. SVEN. SGHC. YUTAKI.


Archives

2003.03   2003.04   2003.05   2003.07   2003.09   2003.10   2003.11   2003.12   2004.01   2004.07   2004.08   2004.09   2005.07   2005.08   2005.09   2005.10   2006.01   2006.02   2006.03   2006.04   2006.06   2006.07   2006.08   2006.09   2006.10   2006.11   2007.01   2007.02   2007.03   2007.04   2007.07   2007.09   2007.10   2007.12   2008.01   2008.02   2008.03   2008.04   2008.05   2008.06   2008.10   2008.12   2009.01   2009.03   2009.05   2009.06   2009.07   2009.08   2009.09   2009.11   2009.12   2010.01   2010.02   2010.04   2010.05   2010.06   2010.07   2010.08   2010.09   2010.10   2010.11   2010.12   2011.01   2011.09   2011.11   2012.01   2012.02  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

web counter